Why not surprise your mom this Mother’s Day with something other than a card or present and give her the gift of experience! There are plenty of activities and ways for you to spend some extra quality time together that will make her feel extra loved on her special day. If you’re visiting with Brittain Resorts & Hotels in Myrtle Beach for Mother’s Day weekend – here are five ideas of ways to celebrate your mom!
1. Spa Time – Every mom deserves some pampering! Brittain Resorts & Hotels has two onsite spas that are perfect for giving your mom a little extra TLC on her special day. A signature facial at Mist Spa at the Caribbean Resort will not only help her relax, but leave her skin rejuvenated and glowing. The hot stone massage can ease the tension from her tired muscles as she lets her mind drift from the everyday grind. The Cinzia Spa at North Beach Plantation offers a Lava Shell Massage that’s the perfect way for her to ease into tranquility as the naturally heated Tiger Clam Shells from the South Pacific melt away her stress.
2. Shopping – Spoil your mom by taking her on a shopping spree! Visit The Market Common and browse through stores like Anthropologie, Pottery Barn, Random and Charming Charlie. Find her a special piece of jewelry at Handpicked or pick out a few new kitchen gadgets at The Southern Living store. After Market Common head up to Barefoot Landing to continue the shopping fun. Take in the beautiful views of the water as you cross over the bridges and browse all the boutique and specialty shops. Stop by Coastal Wine Boutique to sip on some wine and sample olive oil at The Olive Shoppe.
3. Brunch – Sip some bubbly while you catch up over brunch! There are some delicious brunch spots around Myrtle Beach where you can enjoy a savory meal with your mom. Try Strong Waters Bar across from Breakers Resort and you both can play bartender as you each create your own Bloody Mary at their Bloody Amazing Bar. They have quite the selection of food including a Signature Stuffed Waffle, Shrimp & Grits, Butcher Block Burger.
4. Wine Tasting – Sip and sample wine! Treat your mom to an afternoon of wine tasting at Duplin Winery! You’ll have the opportunity to sample 10 different wines while you munch on their homemade crackers and spread. Not only will you have fun tasting new wines together – but you just mine increase your wine knowledge as well. Afterwards – each order a glass of your favorite and spend some catching up on the porch in a pair of rocking chairs. And don’t forget – a bottle of wine makes a wonderful present to take home!
5. Paddle board or Kayak – Get out on the water! There’s nothing like taking some time to enjoy the fresh air and explore with your mom. What better time than Mother’s Day to jump in a kayak together and get some teamwork going. Paddle around the marshes of Cherry Grove or Murrells Inlet. Or give stand up paddle boarding a try. You’ll enjoy laughing while soaking up the sunshine and the views – all while working on your coordination and balance! Don’t forget to take pictures!
No matter how you choose to treat your mom this Mother’s Day in Myrtle Beach, the memories you make and the time shared together are what matter most!