This year’s motto at Brittain Resorts? “Out with the old, and in with the new”. That’s right, we’ve got some exciting new changes coming our way! While we’ll be tearing down and saying farewell to the Pirates Cove and Palmetto Buildings at The Breakers Resort, we’ll be making plenty of room for a brand new addition—the oceanfront Marriott Springhill Suites/Courtyard.
The Marriott Springhill Suites/Courtyard will consist of 26 floors and a ton of incredible amenities. There will be a breakfast dining area where you can enjoy a meal before some fun in the sun, a ‘grab and go’ snack spot full of tasty treats, and a bistro to wine and dine in after a day of exploring all that the Grand Strand has to offer. There will be a state of the art fitness center full of the latest workout equipment, a lounge area in the lobby, and a business center… just in case you need to squeeze in a little bit of work while traveling. Of course, you don’t choose to vacation at the beach to stay inside. We know you’ll look forward to splashing around in the oceanfront pool, dining outdoors day or night, and sipping cocktails by the glow of the fire pits.
The new oceanfront Marriott Springhill Suites/Courtyard will be situated in the heart of Myrtle Beach and surrounded by plenty of shopping, dining and family fun. You’ll be a short drive from Broadway Grand Prix and Broadway at the Beach and can walk to the Myrtle Beach Skywheel.
With all the construction happening around The Breakers Resort with the addition of this new resort, we understand this may cause confusion for current and future guests of. We want to keep you informed and up-to-date on everything that’s happening, so we’ve included some frequently asked questions to discuss what to expect when visiting The Breakers Resort.
- What buildings are torn down? The Pirates Cove and Palmetto Buildings
- When will the construction of the new Marriott Springhill Suites/Courtyard be complete? Spring of 2022
- Where will guests check-in at The Breakers Resort now that the Pirates Cove registration is gone? Our guests will check-in at the brand-new registration building called The Cove. It is located right in between the Sailfish and Palms Buildings.
- Is the lazy river still open? Yes, it is open and will be indoors only until the construction is complete. Once the construction is complete, the lazy river will return to its original state.
- Is Rusty Reel still open? The original Rusty Reel was located on the ground floor of the Palmetto building, so unfortunately it will be a part of the demolition. However, we have plans to begin construction in March 2020 to relocate the Rusty Reel to the lobby of the Palms Building for our guests. As well, Strong Waters Craft Cocktails & Kitchen will continue to be open year- round for fun entertainment, exquisite cocktails, local craft beer, and delicious menu items!
- Will there be poolside drinks and food? Yes! Once the new Rusty Reel is complete, guests will be able to order their favorite drinks, frozen cocktails, and food by the pool. The opening date is slated for Summer 2020.
- Where will DJ Ice Box be relocated as well? DJ Ice Box will still be playing at The Breakers Resort and will be relocated to another spot on property. This location will be determined in a few months, when demolition is completed to ensure he that he is easily accessible to all guests.
We’re excited to have started construction and are estimating the oceanfront Marriott Springhill Suites/Courtyard will be completed in the spring of 2022. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram at @brittainresorts for updates and sneak peeks on the progress of our newest building.