Catering Sales Manager- Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE…
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make a difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you’ll grow with us.
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort is seeking a Catering Sales Manager
The Catering Sales Manager acts as the liaison between the group contact and the hotel operations team to ensure a smooth and successful event for the client. You will be responsible for maintaining catering, audio visual, and setup requirements. The ideal candidate will have a professional demeanor, superb organization skills, experience in customer service, and hotel sales and catering.
Responsibilities of the Catering Sales Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Respond & qualify all phone inquiries, electronic leads, and walk-ins in a timely manner
- Contract and detail all events including corporate meetings, holiday parties, weddings, and showers. This includes contracting events, collecting payment, creating BEOs, and managing all details beginning to end. Ask appropriate questions and make suggestions to ensure all needs are met.
- Processes all business correspondence within company standards. Creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Manages and maintains account files.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers & vendors
- Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Solicit previous groups as well as new target accounts
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Reports any unsafe work condition to the Director of Sales, Resort Manager, or General Manager.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Director of Sales.
What are we looking for?
- Professional demeanor
- Must be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- Exceptional detail in follow-up.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- SalesPro / IQware experience a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a MVR check.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, College Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in a catering or restaurant management position (hotel setting preferred)
What can you look forward to?
Qualifying team members may enjoy the following benefits:
- Health Plan, Health Savings Account, and Life Insurance benefit
- Dental Plan
- Paid Time Off and Bereavement Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Long Term Care, Critical Illness, and Accident
- Short-Term Disability
- Personal Cancer Protection
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Resort Accommodation Discounts
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.