WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect. Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make the difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you’ll grow with us.
Certified Pool Operator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operates, repairs, maintains, and cleans mechanical equipment for pool operation including water filtration and chemical purification systems, intake and outlet valves, chemical feeders, pumps, compressors, seals, vacuum equipment, and chlorine metering devices
- Regulates water temperature and levels, determines and implements preventive maintenance program for pool operation
- Operates and maintains pool heater system and participates in major repairs, restarts, reflags, and resets pilot and electrical boiler system and system alarms
- Insures non-mechanical pool equipment meets code specifications
- Coordinates walk-through inspections of pool facilities and takes necessary corrective action
- Oversees shut down for annual and emergency maintenance procedures
- Monitors building operations and insures sanitation codes are met; stores toxic chemicals
- Sanitizes swim decks and acid-washes pool, decks, gutters, and filters; vacuums pool floors; replaces underwater lights
- Submits water samples for health department testing; tests and maintains pool chemical levels; tests and services safety equipment; administers first aid, CPR and automated external defibrillation (AED) when necessary; complies with health and safety codes.
- Prepares bid specifications for contracted work; prepares equipment specifications for purchases and bids; oversees and inspects contracted work; prepares and maintains work requests, facility reports, and pool service and other reports.
- Promptly responds to front desk reports of guest problems or concerns, informs the front desk when action is complete
- Maintains all storage areas, shops and mechanical areas in a clean, safe and secure manner, reporting to the Chief Engineer any corrective actions that need to be taken.
- Keeps Chief Engineer promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance so that prompt corrective action can be taken
What are we looking for?
- Experience in resort maintenance necessary
- Must possess or obtain within one year of appointment a South Carolina Pool Operator’s certificate
- Willing and able to work early mornings, starting around 5am
- Must possess adequate vision to distinguish colors and shades of color.
- Must have good knowledge of: safety, and health codes for public swimming pools; safety procedures for storing, handling, and using toxic chemicals
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Observant and Proactive
- Responsibility, reliability and honesty
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Able to perform job duties with a minimum of disruption to the guest
Benefits discussed during interview process
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort, including weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.