WE ARE MORE THAN A WORKPLACE…
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make the difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you’ll grow with us.
Responsibilities of the Chief Engineer Include, but are not limited to:
- The Chief Engineer is expected to plan, organize, and monitor the work of the maintenance team members (including the grounds team) daily to ensure compliance with our high-quality standards, which requires continuous visual inspections of guest rooms, public areas, and back of the house areas.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to team members. Recruits (hires), trains, coaches and counsels maintenance and grounds team members, following company, state, and federal regulations.
- Performs reviews of the maintenance team; manages and motivates maintenance management team in the administration of their duties.
- Develop, implement and manage programs for the operation and maintenance of all guest rooms, associate areas, equipment, physical structures and landscaping. Ensure all emergency procedures are trained and implemented.
- Manages finances of maintenance operations including budget and inventory controls. Controls expenditures, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to resort financial forecasts and budget. Maintain systems and controls to provide adequate supplies for efficient operations of the department.
- Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed.
- Work with contractors and maintain records on special projects.
- Invoice special projects and act as liaison between subcontractors and management
- Monitors daily Time and Attendance of staff to prevent any mistakes with payroll and to avoid any overtime for the department.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire team members to exceed standards, and promote team empowerment.
- Service metrics responsibility related to areas of control (i.e. – guest service scores and TripAdvisor)
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within the maintenance department.
- Delegate duties and projects with consistent follow up.
- Supportive Functions
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Promptly resolves any guest complaints or issues.
- Reports and resolves any unsafe work condition to the Resort Manager or General Manager.
- Ensures proper communication within the department by conducting regular meetings with all maintenance team members. Participates with peer managers in meetings, property goals and initiatives.
- Effective communicator to peer managers.
- Answer and document all incoming calls from the housekeepers, supervisors, front desk and guests.
- Work with homeowner services, as needed.
- Interrogate and reprogram entry door locks.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Resort or General Manager.
What Are We Looking For?
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred with emphasis in Hospitality or 5 years in a supervisory or management position.
- Previous experience managing a team of maintenance associates through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
- Proven experience supervising maintenance departments of 10+ associates.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and homeowners, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- IQWare knowledge and experience preferred.
What Can You Expect?
Qualifying team members may enjoy the following benefits:
- Health Plan, Health Savings Account, and Life Insurance benefit
- Dental Plan
- Paid Time Off and Bereavement Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Long Term Care, Critical Illness, and Accident
- Short-Term Disability
- Personal Cancer Protection
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Resort Accommodation Discounts
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.
Follow us @brittainresorts
Copyright © Brittain Resorts & Hotels 2020