WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE…
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make the difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you will grow with us.
Responsibilities of the Corporate Staff Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all functions below for multiple business units including resorts, corporate entities, stand-alone restaurants/cafés, and/or others as they arise.
- Create and post journal entries.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Generate, review, and distribute monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Perform Sales and Use Tax reconciliations.
- Initiate and/or approve banking transfers.
- Perform accounting research.
- Review property Accounts Payable batches for accuracy.
- Monitor banking activities for exceptions and account block notifications.
- Provide guidance to property accountants on all accounting requirements.
- Provide guidance to property personnel on compliance with Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Manage Help Desk requests for certain IT user access rights.
- Perform occasional property visits for training, research, audit or other purposes.
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Receivable for some business units.
- Manage medical funding account, include bill payment and reconciliation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Controller or CFO.
What are we looking for?
- Proficiency with general office equipment and PC applications (i.e. multi-function copiers, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, Solomon, email, remote desktop connections).
- Experience with other Property Management/Point-of-Sale Systems and a demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Accounting or Finance preferred. · Previous Accounting experience required.
- Experience with corporate accounting highly desired; multiple-entity preferred.
- Experience with property-level accounting and/or operations highly desired; condo-hotel experience preferred.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as necessary to meet deadlines, particularly during the first half of the month and at year-end close in January.
Benefits as discussed during the interview process.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort, including weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.