Director of Engineering
WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE…
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect. Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make the difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you’ll grow with us.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate has a passion for responding and solving problems, provides strong customer service, and constantly seeks to improve upon current situations through clear communication, accountability, and coaching. A strong background and working knowledge in operation and maintenance of facility management services and preventative maintenance (HVAC Units, air conditioning, building trades e.g. plumbing, carpentry, interior painting, roofing, electrical system, security system and equipment maintenance) is required.
Responsibilities of the Director of Engineering include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain, coordinate and monitor preventive maintenance programs of all building equipment and guest rooms, including but not limited to: mechanical, HVAC, pools, spas, electrical and plumbing needs.
- Audit and inspect business locations as needed, in coordination with operations team. Ensure compliance with the local, state, and national codes, as well as, company standards; corrects any deficiencies identified by any audits.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Policies and Procedures for the maintenance department.
- Follow up on projects and assignments, coordinated with operations team, owners, Chief Engineer & Resort Manager.
- Lead and assist Resort Chief Engineer & Resort Manager with all aspects of Capital Improvement Projects including budgeting, forecasting, bidding and selection of potential contractors.
- Assist Resort Manager with all emergency procedures and preparedness.
- Manage third party vendors and national account partners, as required, setting clear expectations and accountability.
- Review potential new systems, equipment, and programs and recommend for use to Resort Manager and other key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to improve overall bottom line of maintenance expenditures.
- Foster clear communication and teamwork with key stakeholders and management property.
- Recruit and interview the management and hourly candidates for maintenance.
- Mentor, train and develop maintenance team in all applicable areas of maintenance.
- Coach and counsel team members for success by providing ongoing feedback, including performance appraisals and accountability.
- Troubleshoot issues in maintenance and manage vendor process when necessary.
- Conduct proactive inspections and maintenance audits; identify issues, trends and solutions.
- Manage payroll and supplies costs; ensure proper costs are billed to homeowners according to agreement.
What can you look forward to?
Qualifying team members may enjoy the following benefits:
- Health Plan, Health Savings Account, and Life Insurance benefit
- Dental Plan
- Paid Time Off and Bereavement Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Long Term Care, Critical Illness, and Accident
- Short-Term Disability
- Personal Cancer Protection
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Resort Accommodation Discounts
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.
Follow us @brittainresorts
Copyright © Brittain Resorts & Hotels 2021