WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE…
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make the difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you will grow with us.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of property management in accordance with Company standards, state and federal regulations. Maximizes financial performance and ensures high satisfaction levels with the associates, homeowners, and guests. Executes all policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of the operation.
What can you look forward to?
You have the opportunity to be the difference – for our associates, guests, and owners and being part of a greater team. Our diverse and talented team works together on achieving our goals, while empowering the General Managers to lead their team to success and exceed their goals. Learning and career growth opportunities occur not only within a position, but as we continue to grow our brand and business.
Responsibilities of the General Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership to the management team; acts as a coach and resource for daily operations and career development. Creates and communicates team goals.
- Ensures the highest degree of quality guest service is maintained at all times, through prompt and courteous care. Meets or exceeds previous service scores and internet rankings. Investigates complaints and initiate corrective action. Promptly resolves any guest complaints or issues.
- Works with other departments effectively, such as sales, revenue management, the call center, etc. to achieve the goals of the property. Expresses ideas and/or concerns regarding property strategies.
- Manages finances of operations including budget and inventory controls. Controls expenditures, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to financial forecasts and budget.
- Implements and maintains an effective open-door communication system that encourages feedback and interaction between all departments.
- Completes property walks to interact with guests, associates and homeowners; identify successes, issues, concerns and opportunities. Celebrates successes and coach or counsel managers or team members on any deficiencies.
- Upholds the highest standards of cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and conduct.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the managers and team members.
- Maintains a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Interacts with the general public, customers, associates, homeowners, vendors, and government officials with professionalism, tact and courtesy.
- Understands the government regulations affecting resort operations; ensure the resort operates in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Demonstrates positive leadership characteristics which inspire team members to exceed standards, and promote team empowerment.
- Ensures proper communication within the resort by conducting regular meetings with all managers.
- Delegates duties and projects with consistent follow up.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Operations and VP of Operations.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced General Manager who has an undeniable passion for providing exceptional service to his/her team and guests! The qualities below include, but are not limited to, what we are seeking in the individual to join our team:
- Prior hotel/resort management experience properties with 350+ units
- College degree preferred with emphasis in Hospitality, or 5 years in a management position.
- Proven experience in effectively leading large teams
- Experience managing properties featuring condo-style/multi-bedroom units is preferred
- Familiarity with condotel operations and homeowners is preferred
- Track record of positive leadership characteristics which inspire team members to exceed standards, and promote team empowerment; team leader and developer
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solid self-starter and self-motivated to accomplish goals with a strong sense of responsibility
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Proven “manage by walking around” style
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the managers and team members; conducts regular meetings with managers and associates
- Celebrate successes and coach or counsel managers or team members on any deficiencies
- Focuses on possibilities and what can be done, not what cannot be accomplished
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft office programs, financial systems and reporting
- Strong business acumen and industry knowledge
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, and associates, both inside and outside of the organization
Qualifying team members may enjoy the following benefits:
- Weekly pay
- Bonus program
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Paid Time Off & Bereavement Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity
- Critical Illness & Accident
- Resort Accommodations Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Jury Duty Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
Connect with us!
TikTok | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort, including weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.