General Manager- Ocean Reef Resort
WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE…
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make the difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you’ll grow with us.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of property management in accordance with the company standards, state and federal regulations. Maximizes financial performance and ensures high satisfaction levels with the associates, homeowners, and guests. Executes all policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of the operation.
· Provides leadership to the management team; acts as a coach and resource for daily operations and career development. Creates and communicates team goals.
· Ensure the highest degree of quality guest service is maintained at all times, through prompt and courteous care. Meet or exceed previous service scores and internet rankings. Investigate complaints and initiate corrective action. Promptly resolve any guest complaints or issues.
· Works with other departments effectively, such as sales, revenue management, the call center, etc. to achieve the goals of the property. Expresses ideas and/or concerns regarding property strategies.
· Manage finances of operations including budget and inventory controls. Control expenditures, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to financial forecasts and budget.
· Implement and maintain an effective open-door communication system that encourages feedback and interaction between all departments.
· Complete property walks to interact with guests, associates, and homeowners; identify successes, issues, concerns, and opportunities. Celebrate successes and coach or counsel managers or team members on any deficiencies.
· Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and conduct.
· Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the managers and team members.
· Maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
· Interact with the general public, customers, associates, homeowners, vendors, and government officials with professionalism, tact, and courtesy.
· Understand the government regulations affecting resort operations; ensure the resort operates in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
· Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics that inspire team members to exceed standards and promote team empowerment.
· Ensure proper communication within the resort by conducting regular meetings with all managers. Effective communicator to peer managers.
· Delegate duties and projects with consistent follow up.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Job Qualifications
· Previous experience managing a team through motivation, coaching, and development.
· The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
· Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills.
· Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, and associates, both inside and outside of the organization.
· Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
· Proficiency with computers and general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
· Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
· Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with guests, and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
· Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations.
· Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, as well as on your own experience and personal opinions
What can you look forward to?
Competitive salary and bonus opportunity!
Health Plan, Health Savings Account, and a Life Insurance benefit
Paid Time Off and Bereavement Leave
401(k) retirement plan with company match
Long Term Care, Critical Illness, and Accident
Personal Cancer Protection
Jury Duty Pay
Resort Accommodation Discounts
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.