Sea Captain’s House is a high volume, fast paced oceanfront restaurant that offers year round employment! Our award-winning kitchen is looking for experienced line cooks to join our team. We offer extremely competitive compensation, a fun work environment, and flexible scheduling! We are looking for candidates who are energetic, dependable, outgoing, and motivated to make money! If this is you, apply to join our team today!
What will you be doing?
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Follow recipes to prepare food using various utensils and methods
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and stock product when there are shortages
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 1 year working in a high volume kitchen
- Basic Knowledge of DHEC policies is required
- ServeSafe Certified is a plus, but not required
- Must be a team player
- Able to follow recipes
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Be able to multitask
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with guests, coworkers and supervisors
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Projects a favorable image of the property to the public at all times by following the property’s grooming and dress standards
Benefits as discussed during the interview process.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort, including weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.