Regional Sales Manager- Group Sales
WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE…
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make the difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you’ll grow with us.
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining long-lasting relationships with guests at four Oceanfront resorts along the Grand Strand, through demonstrated stewardship and accessibility. The Regional Sales Manager will spend a significant amount of time in a hotel office, overseeing high–profile bookings, researching potential clients, processing paperwork, and corresponding via telephone and email. The Sales Manager will also move around the hotel to conduct site tours and as needed to meet groups. Outside sales calls as well as some local and national travel to meet with prospective clients or attend sales conferences may also be necessary.
Regional Group Sales Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- Exceptional detail in follow-up.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Overcomes hesitations of clients to close a sale
- Prepares proposals, contracts, group resumes, and any other documentation deemed necessary.
- Conducts site visits and tours
- Processes payments and applies discounts as necessary
- Addresses and resolves any issues or complaints regarding the sales process
- Clearly communicates group needs to the properties to ensure they are prepared to meet them
- Maintains positive relationships with clients to encourage repeat and recurring business
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of SalesPro and IQware a plus
- Responsible for four oceanfront properties
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Is willing and able to travel to establish and maintain client networks.
- Demonstrates the ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Is capable of creating and maintaining a large client network.
- Demonstrates familiarity with budget software and financial management.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Possesses strong leadership skills.
- Is familiar with the workings of the hotel and hospitality industry.
- Demonstrates strong persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Works well with a variety of different individuals.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- The manager must also have several years of experience in the sales and marketing sector, preferably in the Hospitality market.
- Most have also held a lower level managerial position prior to their appointment as hotel sales managers.
What can you look forward to?
Qualifying team members may enjoy the following benefits:
- Health Plan, Health Savings Account, and Life Insurance benefit
- Dental Plan
- Paid Time Off and Bereavement Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Long Term Care, Critical Illness, and Accident
- Short-Term Disability
- Personal Cancer Protection
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Resort Accommodation Discounts
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.