WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE…
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make the difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you’ll grow with us.
What are we looking for?
Grande Cayman Resort is looking for a highly-motivated, hospitality professional with a customer-focused attitude and proven hotel management experience to assist our General Manager in the daily functions.
- Previous experience managing a team through motivation, coaching, and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, and employees, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with computers and general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with guests, and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations.
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
- Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, as well as on your own experience and personal opinions
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred with emphasis in Hospitality or 5 years in a management position.
Responsibilities of the Resort Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the highest degree of quality guest service is maintained at all times, through prompt and courteous care. Meet or exceed previous service scores and internet rankings.
- Investigate complaints and initiate corrective action. Promptly resolve any guest complaints or issues.
- Assist the General Manager in managing the finances of operations including budget and inventory controls. Control expenditures, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to financial forecasts and budget.
- Assist the General Manager with analyzing and critiquing profit and loss statements for accuracy and opportunities to improve profitability. Help prepare financial reports for management that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends, and variances. Implement appropriate cost-savings initiatives.
- Assist the General Manager in developing accurate and aggressive long and short-range revenue goals consistent with the Company’s expectations. Collaborate with the sales, marketing, and revenue management teams to create effective strategies.
- Implement and maintain effective open-door communication system that encourages feedback and interaction between all departments.
- Complete property walks to interact with guests, employees, and homeowners; identify successes, issues, concerns, and opportunities. Celebrate successes and coach or counsel managers or team members on any deficiencies.
- Ensure good safety practices of employees and guests.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and conduct.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the managers and team members. Recruits (hires), trains, coaches and counsels managers and team members, following the company, state, and federal regulations.
- Manage and motivate the management team in the execution of their duties. Conduct performance appraisals for the managers.
- Maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Interact with the general public, customers, employees, homeowners, vendors, and government officials with professionalism, tact, and courtesy.
- Understand the government regulations affecting resort operations; ensure the resort operates in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Assist the General Manager with establishing and maintaining applicable preventive maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel. Lead and execute renovation projects/plans.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire team members to exceed standards, and promote team empowerment.
- Ensure proper communication within the resort by participating in and conducting regular meetings with all managers. Effective communicator to peer managers.
- Delegate duties and projects with consistent follow up.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain and train the proper emergency and security procedures.
- Maintain systems and controls to provide adequate supplies for efficient operation of the resort.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Please note: This is not an all-inclusive list of the duties, activities or responsibilities of the Resort Manager Duties, responsibilities and activities are subject to change at any time, with or without notice.
Benefits as discussed during the interview process
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort, including weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.