About Our Company
Brittain Resorts and Hotels specializes in legendary guest satisfaction, property management, and marketing. The foundation for our success was laid long before the company was formed, with roots beginning in 1943 at the historic Chesterfield Inn in the heart of Myrtle Beach, S.C.
From the beginning, the Brittain family worked as a team, doing everything from making beds to washing dishes on a busy weekend, creating an environment where integrity and trust are paramount even today. With decades of experience in the hospitality industry, we have fostered a set of core values that guide associate development on a personal and professional level. With over 4,000 rooms in the portfolio, BRH currently operates 22 hotels and resorts and 45+ restaurants & bars within the United States.
Our team is made up of dedicated, talented individuals who constantly push the boundaries to provide our clients with the best in customer service. With us, you can be confident that your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement. Our associates are our biggest asset, and we promise to take care of them just like our guests.
Responsibilities of the General Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership to the management team;
- acts as a coach and resource for daily operations and career development. Creates and communicates team goals.
- Ensure the highest degree of quality guest service is maintained at all times, through prompt and courteous care. Meet or exceed previous service scores and internet rankings. Investigate complaints and initiate corrective action. Promptly resolve any guest complaints or issues.
- Works with other departments effectively, such as sales, revenue management, the call center, etc. to achieve the goals of the property. Expresses ideas and/or concerns regarding property strategies.
- Manage finances of operations including budget and inventory controls. Control expenditures, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to financial forecasts and budget.
- Implement and maintain an effective open-door communication system that encourages feedback and interaction between all departments.
- Complete property walks to interact with guests, associates and homeowners; identify successes, issues, concerns and opportunities. Celebrate successes and coach or counsel managers or team members on any deficiencies.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and conduct.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the managers and team members.
- Maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Interact with the general public, customers, associates, homeowners, vendors, and government officials with professionalism, tact and courtesy.
- Understand the government regulations affecting resort operations; ensure the resort operates in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire team members to exceed standards, and promote team empowerment.
- Ensure proper communication within the resort by conducting regular meetings with all managers.
- Effective communicator to peer managers.
- Delegate duties and projects with consistent follow up.
What are we looking for?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred with emphasis in Hospitality or 5 years in a management position.
- Previous experience managing a team through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, and associates, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with computers and general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with guests, and accept constructive criticism from supervisors
Please note: This is not an all-inclusive list of duties, activities or responsibilities of the General Manager. Duties, responsibilities and activities are subject to change at any time, with or without notice.
Benefits as discussed during interview process.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort, including weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.