Instead of giving your dad another tie or electronic gadget for Father’s Day this year – give him the gift of quality time together! There’s nothing like a little friendly family competition or time spent partaking in activities dad likes to do in honor of celebrating him on his special day. If you’re staying in Myrtle Beach with Brittain Resorts this Father’s Day, here are five ideas of fun ways to spend time with your dad:
1. Golf and Miniature Golf – Score a hole in one! With over a hundred award winning golf courses and fifty miniature golf courses, Myrtle Beach is known as the “Golf Capital of the World” as well as the “Miniature Golf Capital of the World”. And this Father’s Day is the perfect time to hit the links with your dad and engage in a little friendly competition. After a day spent swinging for par, continue the fun in miniature golf where you can putt through caves, and around blue waterfalls. No matter who wins – treat dad to a cone of his favorite ice cream after the round!
2. NASCAR Racing Experience – Satisfy your dad’s need for speed with the gift of racing! At the Myrtle Beach Speedway, there is a NASCAR racing experience where you can have the opportunity to jump in a NASCAR car. He can either choose between riding shotgun with an instructor, driving in a practice round or driving by himself timed racing session on one of the nation’s premier speedways. Either way he’ll have a blast burning rubber and experiencing what it’s like to be flying around the race track like the best NASCAR drivers!
3. Surf Lesson – Surfs up! Time to take the fun out on the water and ride some waves! Give Kokopelli Surf Camp or Jack’s Surf Lessons a call and book a surf lesson. The instructor will spend time showing you how to paddle, stand up and balance. Then it’s time for you and your dad to put your skills to the test and attempt to catch some waves. Although you may fall in a few times – once you ride a wave in to shore – you’ll be smiling the whole ride!
4. Baseball Game – Catch a Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball game! In honor of Father’s Day, the Myrtle Beach Pelicans have put together a Father’s Day Gift Package which is sure to be a grand slam. This package includes 4 Field Box Tickets, 4 Food Vouchers, 2 Beer Vouchers, Pre-game On-Field Catch, On-Field Family Photo, On-Field VIP Seating for Fireworks (4 passes) and Raffle prizes. Not only can you enjoy playing a game of catch with your dad on the field, but your evening ends with the best seats in the house to the spectacular firework show!
5. Deep Sea Fishing – Reel in the fun this Father’s Day with a deep-sea fishing charter! There are plenty of charters to select from that will take you out to the open water where you can spend the day with your dad attempting to catch a mahi mahi, grouper, swordfish or more. Hopefully your fish stories will be as big as the time you have spent together!
Regardless of what activities you choose to participate in this Father’s Day in Myrtle Beach, your dad is sure to appreciate the time spent hanging out together!